168 Fire Safe Council Call In Meeting
Time & Location
About the Event
*Rescheduled to accomodate Fresno County Community meeting Thursday 10/8 at 6 pm at Sierra High.*
Link for video conferance: meet.google.com/upz-ezmu-msq
Join by phone(US) +1 931-820-2459 (PIN: 175399150)
Highway 168 Fire Safe Council
Please join us for this important meeting.
*Meeting Scheduled for Thursday Oct 8th, 2020
*Board meeting at 6:00, Community meeting at 6:30
*Opening by Board President, Howard Hendrix
Grant Account: $834,402.23
· Shaver West Contractors paid in full and job completed. Another 388,762.24 received from CalFire in July
· Jose Basin Fuels Reduction Project Advance for $600,000 received in July
Checking Account: $25,445.41
· Office rent, insurance, and phone bills
- Council vs Counsel?
- Quickbooks audited and up to date
- SI filed with Secretary of State
- Need: updated signature card at CVCB: requires minutes appointing Sharlynn, letter from past and present secretary/treasurer on letterhead and all signers on account to resign new card.
- CVCB updated their website and now has 2 step verification which is being sent to Sher's phone (maybe?)
*Edison Forestry/Grant Discussion Vice President, Ryan Stewart
· Shaver West Fuel Break Project
· Jose Basin Fuels Reduction Project
· PG&E Grant for $75,000 for Meadow Lakes Project (Pat Gallegos to report)
SCE Forestry Report
SRCD (Kelly and Steve)
*Sue Carter/Big Sandy
* Pat Gallegos/Meadow Lakes
*Fresno Sheriff’s Department
Creek Fire response:
- Suggested Creek Fire recovery efforts: Clean up fire affected areas Grants, Fundraising, FEMA?, homeowners Insurance (Camp Fire example) Assistance from local foresters and LTOs to file proper paperwork, layout and perform work. Magsig will list us in LAC resources with review and approval of bylaws by Fresno Co. Cooperation with Rebuild Our Sierra and Central Sierra Resiliency Fund Continue ongoing efforts to clear dead/dying material around the WUI on federal and private land that did not burn. Coordinate with private property owners and not for profits for long term efforts in forest management. Build confidence in the community that we can prevent this from happening again.Homeowner education: Seminars, Facebook page, better utilization of the website Home hardening in WUI for homes not being rebuilt. Homeowner education Grants, Fundraising
- Do any response ideas require bylaws to be updated?
For information call Pat at 559 259-2367.